THE CHRISTIAN PILGRIM
TOPIC: THE CHRISTIAN PILGRIM
TEXTS: Hebrews 11:8-16
INTRODUCTION: God wants us to know that we have the citizenship of Heaven. We must be careful not to lose our gaze on Him. He is interested in seeing us through to the very end.
IT IS POSSIBLE TO MISS THE WAY
The Christian pilgrimage begins on the day of salvation and ends at death. Below are some of the reasons some pilgrims will not make it to Heaven.
– Unbroken bridge (link with old life) Exo.16:3
– Unequal yoke – 2Cor.6:14-18.
– Discouragement – Hebrews 10:39.
– Unanswered prayer.
– Cares of this life – Luke 21:34; Mark 4:18-19.
– Looking back – Luke 9:62; Gen.19:26.
HOW TO BE VICTORIOUS IN OUR PILGRIMAGE
Here are some suggestions:
– Looking unto Jesus – Hebrews 12:1-2; John 14:1-3.
– Knowledge of the experience in the scriptures will work for you – Rom.8:32.
– Get busy with winning souls – Romans 12:11; Daniel 12;3; Proverbs 11:30.
– Be prayerful – 1 Thess.5:17.
– Heaven (the home) should be your goal – Hebrews 11:10.
CONCLUSION: The more we allow Christ to lead us in our Christian pilgrimage the more victorious we are. The more we feel we do not need Christ the quicker we miss the way.
More Publications You Missed!