Google AdSense Auto Ads are a simple way to get started showing ads on your WordPress site. This feature allows AdSense to decide where, how many and which ad sizes to place automatically. As a publisher, you only need to set it up once and can forget about manually handling each ad individually.
In this tutorial, we show you how to set up AdSense Auto Ads on your WordPress site.
How to set up Auto Ads
Get the AdSense Auto Ads code from your Account
Global and site-specific options are only different regarding the sites included. We are using the Global settings in this tutorial
- log in to your AdSense account
- navigate to My Ads > Auto ads
- Auto Ads can be enabled globally for all sites in your account or only for some of them using the group option
- select the ad types you want to enable with Auto Ads on the Choose global settings page
- leave the Automatically get new formats option enabled if you want to use new ad formats once they become available
- click Save
- copy the code from the Place code on your page page and either place it manually between the
<head>…</head>tags or follow the steps below if you are running a WordPress site.
Insert AdSense Auto Ads code in WordPress
The Auto Ads code is the same code you would insert into your site to verify your AdSense account or to Page-Level ads (which are now replaced by Auto Ads). There is a chance that you already have or had it on your site.
- How to Change the Color of Address Bar in Mobile Browser to Match Your WordPress Site Theme Color
- How to create custom email [email protected]
- How to setup LAN with Crossover Connection between two Windows PC (color code provided)
- How to Remove Yoast Premium Seo Admin Nagging
- How to fix null/invalid imei on feature phones
Using WordPress, you can use this WordPress free Advanced Ads plugin. It can place the Auto Ads code automatically into the correct spot on your site without you needing to touch the code.
Installing Advanced Ads
To get Advanced Ads, just log in to your WordPress dashboard and follow the steps below of this video tutorial.
- click on Plugins in the WordPress menu
- click on Add New on top of the plugin page
- search for Advanced Ads in the search field
- select Advanced Ads from the results and click Install and Activate
- After you activated the plugin, you can go to Advanced Ads > Settings > AdSense
- Enter the publisher ID in the AdSense ID field
- enable the Verification code and Auto ads option
No further coding needed. The code will be placed automatically in the right place in your code.
It might take up to 48 hours for ads to show up on your site now.