Just yesterday, of 30th May, 2017. While I was browsing a friend website and as I clicked over to his website category link, and immediately I saw/noticed that the title of the category didn’t have archives, and I began to fell illuminated over this. I also asked myself many questions, but that couldn’t resolve this in my heart, so I slept over it.
It was this morning dated 31st May, 2017, I created a ticket about it to my website theme, support team, at their support community website, but the answer I was given didn’t satisfied me, I had to take some time time again to think about it, so I just said to myself let me play around with the category title, that is let me edit it, when I tried it, I saw some codes at the header, which made me to remember quickly, that the code I’m seeing is a Yoast SEO code, in Taxonomy, so I decided to edit it at Yoast Post Title settings page.
Steps To Remove Archives From Categories, Tags, Custom Taxonomies Etc.
- Make sure you are using Yoast SEO Plugin, then you are good to go.
- Go to Yoast SEO Plugin Titles and Metas Settings.
- On the Screen Above, you will see Taxonomies, Open it, and let proceed…
- Now take a look at the codes at the Title Template: which is:
%%term_title%% Archives %%page%% %%sep%% %%sitename%%As i said Before, take a look of the codes, and you will see a word there, that is “Archives” just remove it and copy it to all the page templates in that taxonomies.
- If you have removed the that word “Archives” the code line will look like this:
%%term_title%% %%page%% %%sep%% %%sitename%%
- Since you have edited or remove the Word “Archives” from the Page Templates, the next step is to click on “Save” Button.
This is the End of this Article, i hope you enjoy the tutorial! Signup to our Daily Newsletter to receive daily updates of our content straight to your mail box for free, and also, you can help to share this post to your friends on social media sites like, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn Services, for them to be helped also. Thanks for taking your time to read this Article. Remain Blessed!!!