LIVING A PURPOSE-DRIVEN LIFE
TOPIC: LIVING A PURPOSE-DRIVEN LIFE
TEXTS: Ephesians 1:3-14
INTRODUCTION: A purpose-driven life is one that sets out to identify and fulfill the purpose of existence. Ignorance of your purpose of existence can make you waste Heaven’s allocated resources. God allocates resources to individuals according to His mandate. Events situations, circumstances, tests and trials come to you according to the purpose of your existence-Romans 8:28.
HOW CAN YOU LIVE A PURPOSE-DRIVEN LIFE?
- By worshiping God. Worship is our first responsibility to God. God wants our worship to be motivated by love, thanksgiving and delight. Psalm 66:4; Revelation 4:11; Ephesians 1:5.
- By loving other believers. When you are born again, you become a part of God’s family. Following Christ is not just a matter of believing alone but also includes belonging and learning to love the family of God. 1 John 3:14; Romans 15:7.
- By becoming like Christ. Once we are born into God’s family, He wants us to grow to spiritual maturity. Spiritual maturity is becoming like Jesus in the way we think, feel and act. The more you develop Christ-like character, the more you live a purposeful life that brings glory to God. 2 Cor.3:18; Phil.1:11; John 15:8; 1 John 3:2.
- By serving others with your gifts. Each of us was uniquely designed by God with talents, gifts, skills and abilities – Matt.25:14-30. such talents and abilities were given to benefit others just as others were given abilities for your benefit. 1 peter 4:10-11; Ephesians 2:10.
- By telling others about Christ. God does not want His love and purpose kept secret. Once we know the truth, God expects us to share it with others, which will help them to discover their purpose and prepare them for their eternal destiny. Matt.28:18-20; Mark 16:15-18; Acts 1:8; 2 Cor.4:15; John 17:8.
CONCLUSION: A purpose-driven life is fulfilling your divine purpose of existence and to answer two questions from your Creator: what did you do with Jesus Christ? What did you do with what He gave you?.