GIVE THANKS TO GOD FOR ALL THINGS
TOPIC: GIVE THANKS TO GOD FOR ALL THINGS
TEXTS: 2 Corinthians 4:15-18, Ephesians 5:20
INTRODUCTION: Some people hardly see any need to thank God when they have one or more requests. The problem with us is that we classify God’s goodness using a wrong yardstick. For instance, we see the provision of a material blessing as a big thing while intangible blessings such as working up from sleep as something little or nothing.
THANK HIM MORE FOR THE UNSEEN
Certain things are temporary while some others are eternal – 2Cor. 4:18. Material blessings are temporary but spiritual blessings are eternal. Our focus should not be on material things but on the unseen things. We should thank God for tangible material blessings. However, thank God more for the unseen things which have impact such as the salvation of your soul.
– Thank God for a new life in Christ, your sanctification and the baptism in the Holy Spirit.
– Thank God for your Christian growth and level of obedience, commitment and dedication to the Lord.
– Thank God for His provisions for you in Christ Jesus Eph. 1:3.
– Thank Him for His promises to you and your family. Also, for His promise to take you home to forever be with Him John 14:1-3.
– Thank Him for unseen battles He fights and wins for you. The list cannot be exhausted. Add your own.
CONCLUSION: The truth is that it costs God more to provide the unseen blessings than the tangible ones. From today, give attention to the unseen, unquantifiable and eternal blessings. Those little or insignificant things are of greater value to God. Thank Him for them.