Debranding Nokia BB5 Handsets (part II)
Works with limited number of handsets like : 6630, 6680, 6681, N70, N90 etc.
* Phone (SIM card removed!)
* CA43 or DKU5 cable (Original Nokia with 13 pins)
* Software (http://users.net.yu/~dejan/download/bb5.zip)
1. Connect cable to computer and phone
2. Set proper COM cable (must be, between 1 and 9)
3. Download unlocker, run `install.bat`
4. Open file c:/bb5_unlocker/logs/bb5_unlocker.cfg with a text editor set proper COM port (1-9)
5. Run c:/bb5 unlocker/BB5logunlocker.exe
6. Turn phone on. While it is turning on, click READ PHONE. You should see “DONE”
7. Click MAKE LOG, a log will be created. This log is used to generate the codes. Wait until you see “DONE”.
8. Log file is in folder LOGS. Start BB5_calc.exe to make the PSW file.
9. Press button SP UNLOCK and unlock your phone.
It didn’t work!
Solution courtesy to_deal_with on gsmhosting.com
* – Phone off,
* – Connect the cable to phone anc pc (dku5, jaf, serial)
* – Open the program
* – Power on the phone
* – When you see Nokia on the screen, immediately press on Read phone!
Afterwards use BB5 Calc and then SP Unlock
This method has always been a success.
If I power on the phone first and let it start up completely, by inserting the cable phone says enhancement not supported and making log fails.
In this case, reconnect the cable and Press Write backup.
If writing backup succeeded, Just follow the method I wrote above. Tested on many N70.
In Dejan’s words:
Be sure that my BB5 logger is installed properly with apropriate FBUS interface (DKU-5) or old clasic FBUS cable connected to standard COM port.
Once connected phone by FBUS interface to PC, press “Read Phone” button. If everything is ok, some data will be readed and displayed, otherwise check your connection, phone, cables, etc.
If logger shows message “SP Data IS corrupted” than you have phone that somebody played with it and destroyed field 308,1. So, you have to fix that field by sending that phone to official NOKIA repair centre!!!
If everything is OK you can press “Make Log” button. LOGER will create backup of field 308,1 and try to make LOG file. In that process, sometimes field 308,1 can be corrupted which can be checked by clicking again on “Read Phone” button.
NOW, if logger shows message “SP Data IS corrupted” than you just have to click several times “WR Backup” and “Read Phone” to check that is your phone is OK.
My phone is hardlocked. What can I do?
If you have already used all 3 attempts to unlock via keypad, but you have unlock codes from your carrier, you can use the program to input the codes.
1. In “c:bb5_unlockerpsw” create a text file “aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa_BB5.psw” where is “aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa” enter your phones IMEI
2. Then in that created file enter in “#pw+bbbbbbbbbbbbbbb+c#” where is “bbbbbbbbbbbbbbb” is the unlock codes and where is “c” enter your logs level number (1-7).
3. Save the file
4. Use “SP UNLOCK” function
courtesy of: BINPDA