Cleaning your Desktop PC
This document pertains to all HP and Compaq Desktop PCs.
- Turn off the PC and monitor.
- Unplug the power cord from the PC and monitor.
Cleaning the PC
Cleaning the PC Case
Figure 1: Dusting the PC case
- Use a clean cloth to dry.
Cleaning the Cooling Vents
Cleaning the Monitor
1. Use a cloth dampened with warm water to wipe the monitor case clean. If sticker residue is present, use isopropyl alcohol or rubbing alcohol and a lint-free cloth to remove the residue.
- Use a dry, clean cloth to dry.
Cleaning the Monitor Vents
Cleaning the Monitor Screen
Cleaning the Keyboard and Mouse
Cleaning a Roller Ball Mouse
- Turn the mouse body upside down.
- The mouse roller is enclosed by a ball-cover ring. Rotate the ring counter-clockwise to remove the ring and release the roller ball.Figure 12: Removing the roller ball and ball-cover ringc. Rinse the roller ball with soap and warm water.Figure 13: Rinsing the roller balld. Clean the rollers inside the mouse with a cotton swab dampened with isopropyl alchohol.Figure 14: Cleaning the mouse rollers
- Replace the roller ball and ball-cover ring.
Cleaning an Optical MouseWipe the body of the mouse and mouse cord with cleaning wipes or a cloth and cleanser.Figure 15: Cleaning the mouse bodyWhen finished, plug in your computer and monitor and turn the power on. Enjoy your clean system!